The ATO has released a range of the materials to assist financial planners and clients with the superannuation changes commencing 1 July 2017.
- Two videos with ATO Superannuation Deputy Commissioner James O’Halloran discussing the key things individuals and SMSFs need to be aware of before 1 July.
- Information sheets:
- Guidance notes to provide information and examples of how the super changes may operate in practice.
- Law companion guidelines (LCGs) which describe the ATO’s view on how the new laws will apply.
- Practical compliance guidelines that describe how the ATO will apply its compliance resources:
- PCG 2017/3: Supporting the implementation of the changes to the taxation of transition to retirement income streams
- PCG 2017/5: Commutation request made before 1 July to avoid exceeding the $1.6 million transfer balance
- PCG 2017/6: Commutation of a death benefit income stream before 1 July 2017.
For access to all of ATO’s resources, visit ato.gov.au/superchanges.
We are always keen to hear your valuable feedback and suggestions. Please let us know if there are any policy issues or concerns that affect you.