Changes to aged care started 1 July 2014.
The Department of Social Services has published an information kit on the changes to aged care. The information in this kit will help you to:
- understand the changes to aged care
- explain the changes to your clients
- encourage your clients to think about and plan for their aged care
- ensure your clients can access information
- respond to questions you may be asked about the changes.
This information kit contains the following materials:
The My Aged Care website now includes fee estimators for Home Care and Residential Care that allow people to estimate the amount they may need to contribute towards the cost of their residential care or home care package.
Further information about the changes to aged care, as well as additional information materials are available to download or order from the My Aged Care website. For personalised assistance, please encourage your clients to call My Aged Care on 1800 200 422 or visit www.myagedcare.gov.au.
We are always keen to hear your valuable feedback and suggestions. Please let us know if there are any policy issues or concerns that affect you.