FPA ready for ‘Live the Dream’ Financial Planning Week
The Financial Planning Association of Australia (FPA) has announced “Live the Dream” as its theme for the 17th annual Financial Planning Week (21-27 August 2017), which aims to raise awareness and trust in the financial planning profession among consumers.
The FPA will kick-off Financial Planning Week on Monday 21 August by releasing a newly commissioned “Live the Dream” national consumer research report that includes data quantifying a link between our nation’s happiness, and having a financial plan, among other insights.
The FPA is calling on the broader financial services community to unite behind its “Live the Dream” message this year by sharing the research findings and associated campaign assets in their own circles of influence. As well as the 17-page “Live the Dream” research report created in partnership with McCrindle Research, the FPA has prepared a series of real-life video stories, infographics, media materials and a social media competition for interested third parties to also use in their own communications during Financial Planning Week, and beyond.
FPA CEO, Dante De Gori, CFP® said the proposed “Live the Dream and #getaplan” message is a powerful evolution of the “Dare to Dream” FPA report released for Financial Planning Week in 2016 – and contains some “remarkable and motivating insights” for the financial planning profession, as well as everyday people from all walks of life.
“Last year we discovered Australians are optimistic and daring to dream about their future, despite challenging economic times, financial stress, and regret at not saving enough. This year, we deep dive into how we are going as a nation at living out those dreams, and releasing insights into the habits, beliefs, and demographics of the enviable group of Australians most happy with their lot in life,” said Mr De Gori.
There is already a high level of interest from FPA members and the broader financial services ecosystem in supporting the FPA’s “Live the Dream” campaign. “We worked hard to reach out to the wider profession early this year. Any third party with a shared interest in having meaningful conversations with consumers about bringing their dreams to life with a solid financial plan can participate, and plan ahead. We’ve been thrilled with the advance support so far, and there’s still time if others wish to get in touch,” he said.
Last week, the FPA launched a “Kick start your Dream” social media competition as a lead-up to Financial Planning Week, offering $5,000 to consumers ready to #getaplan to kick start their dreams. The competition runs from Friday 4 August until 5pm (AEST) on Friday 1 September 2017 via Facebook, and www.moneyandlife.com.au/livethedream. FPA Members and the wider financial planning profession can promote the competition on their own platforms using the link www.moneyandlife.com.au/competition and assets available via the FPA Member Centre.
Financial Planning Week happens every year in August. This year it runs from Monday 21 August to Sunday 27 August. The FPA Twitter handle (@AustraliaFPA) will answer tweets and post links to a range of content throughout the week. FPA Members are invited to head to the Member Centre for more information.
HIGHLIGHTS – FINANCIAL PLANNING WEEK 2017
Below is a summary of the FPA’s “Live the Dream” campaign assets and activities:
- Real-life video stories: Inspiring Australians from different walks of life share their thoughts, dreams, hindsight and wisdom on what it takes to live the dream, capturing the power of financial advice as a catalyst for unlocking dreams. These videos will be posted on FPA social media platforms, and available for others to share and promote.
- FPA ‘Live the Dream’ research report: Partnering with McCrindle Research, the FPA will publish its “Live the Dream” national research report revealing Australians’ current propensity towards dreaming and what habits, beliefs and demographics distinguish those living their dreams, from those who aren’t. It will be available for public download from moneyandlife.com.au/livethedream, and in advance under strict embargo until 21 August by arrangement to interested third parties.
- #getaplan social media competition: Now live, the competition runs from 4 August – 1 September 2017 giving consumers the chance to win $5,000 to kick start their dream. The campaign hashtag #getaplan connects all conversations about the campaign across multiple social media platforms. Third parties are welcome to share and promote the competition on their own platforms by arrangement with the FPA.
- Social media campaign: The FPA will be kicking off an intensive social media campaign to share the Financial Planning Week messages (research, videos and competition) using #getaplan. All social media assets are shareable.
- Money & Life: Inspiring and engaging stories will be featured on the FPA’s new content website, Money & Life, to bring to life the research and theme of Financial Planning Week. This content will be consumer-friendly and available for members to share and promote.