FPA announces 2012 NSW Best Practice Award winners, recognising excellence in financial planning
The Financial Planning Association has announced the New South Wales state winners for its 2012 Best Practice Awards.
The awards form an integral part of the FPA’s mandate to elevate the status of financial planning to a universally respected profession and are a symbol of excellence for Australians seeking financial advice from a trusted, qualified and professional financial planner.
The awards acknowledge FPA members for the positive contribution they make to the profession throughout the year, and recognise the superior outcomes that FPA members can achieve when they provide professional advice in line with the FPA Code of Professional Practice and Code of Ethics.
Winners and runners-up for the prestigious awards were chosen from the large number of submissions received throughout the nomination period, and the FPA is proud to announce the NSW winners as follows:
- William Johns CFP®, Fiducian Financial Services, Sydney, has been awarded FPA CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER® Professional Best Practice Award. This award recognises worthy CFP professionals who have demonstrated the highest professional standards embodied by an FPA member. William’s submission also achieved a national highly commended designation. In addition to this accolade, PortfolioConstruction Forum presented William the choice of complimentary attendance to their Market Summit or Conference in 2013.
- Joanne Stephens AFP®, Roan Financial, Orange, has been awarded FPA Financial Planner AFP® Best Practice Award. This award is designed to encourage and recognise the achievements of AFP professional planners who reflect a commitment to both excellence and professional development.
- Anthony Tanti CFP®, Tanti Financial Services, Emu Plains, has been awarded the Future2 Community Service Best Practice Award. This award goes to a planner who has, in a pro bono or public service capacity, made an outstanding contribution to improving the circumstances of the most socially excluded or financially disadvantaged members of the community and thereby made a positive contribution to the reputation of the financial planning profession.
Ms Lisa Weissel CFP®, who is part of the judging panel, said that judging winners from such a strong field was a very challenging task. “All of the finalists in the AFP® and CFP® professional categories were impressive financial planners who demonstrated the highest professional standards,” she said. “And the contributions of the Future2 nominees to the wider community made a real difference to the lives of some of the most disadvantaged members of our society.”
“FPA members have always worked to increase the standard and professionalism of financial planning in Australia, and these awards acknowledge the success of the real star performers in our industry,” she said.
Please see below for a full list of NSW Best Practice Award state winners, runners-up and Honorary Award winners:
FPA CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER®, Professional Best Practice Award
- NSW State Winner and National Highly Commended: William Johns CFP®, Fiducian Financial Services, Sydney
- NSW State Runner-up and National Highly Commended: Timothy Deamer CFP®, Crosbie Warren Sinclair, Warabrook
FPA Financial Planner AFP® Best Practice Award
- NSW State Winner: Joanne Stephens AFP®, Roan Financial, Orange
- NSW State Runner-up: Andrew Frith AFP®, Leenane Templeton Wealth Management, Newcastle
Future2 Community Service Best Practice Award
- NSW State Winner: Anthony Tanti CFP®, Tanti Financial Services, Emu Plains
- NSW State Runner-up: Peter Roan CFP®, Roan Financial, Orange
The FPA also acknowledges outstanding contributions to the industry through its Honorary Awards as follows:
FPA Distinguished Service Award recognises an exceptional contribution to the work of the FPA and the common good of the profession through voluntary service to FPA Chapters, Committees or taskforces.
The NSW winner this year was Debbie Gampe AFP®, SeaChange Financial, Port Macquarie.