Dante De Gori to step down as Chief Executive Officer of Financial Planning Association of Australia (FPA)
Financial Planning Association of Australia (FPA) CEO, Dante De Gori CFP® has advised the Board of his intention to step down at the end of 2021, after nearly six years in the role and almost 12 years with the FPA.
FPA Chair, Marisa Broome CFP®, said that during a period of tremendous change, Mr De Gori has made an exceptional contribution to the financial planning profession.
“From his original appointment to work as the FPA Head of Policy and Government Relations, then adding Professional Standards to his remit through to his appointment as Chief Executive in March 2016, Dante has always put the profession of financial planning and the FPA members first. Dante will leave a lasting positive legacy at the FPA,” Ms Broome said.
“With the FPA’s five year MAC strategy in place and the launch of the FPA Policy Platform Affordable Advice Sustainable Profession, the time is right for a new custodian to lead this amazing organisation,” Mr De Gori said.
“I will forever be grateful to everyone who has supported the FPA, it has been both an honour and privilege to have served in this role.
“I would like to thank the FPA team for their dedication and passion in supporting our members and the profession; our chapters and committees; the Board and our partners and of course, our FPA members who are the true champions of the advice profession and for whom I will always remain their biggest advocate.
I would also like to acknowledge Marisa Broome for her support and also past Chairs who have supported me, specifically to Julie Berry CFP®, Matthew Rowe CFP® and Neil Kendall CFP®.
During his tenure as CEO, Dante has:
- Led the FPA through the most difficult period ever seen in financial planning, including fronting as a witness at the Royal Commission;
- Pivoted the FPA through the introduction of the five year strategic priorities of Members, Advocacy and Consumers;
- Developed the FPA’s 10-point plan future of financial advice white paper in 2014 – with 9 of the 10 points subsequently being delivered, including the protection of the terms financial planner/adviser into law;
- Launched the FPA policy platform Affordable Advice, Sustainable Profession in 2020 that has already had a significant impact on the future of the profession, including individual registration and the separation of product and advice;
- Spearheaded the FPA’s commitment to advocate for tax deductibility of financial advice fees;
- Launched FPA Community to ensure members are able to communicate with each other in a safe and respectful environment;
- Introduced the FPA Learning Management System that enabled the FPA to offer FPA MyCPD, continue with our CFP program including remote exams and support for those members returning to study;
- Launched the first FPA consumer education program including the FPA Match My Planner Service that links consumers seeking advice with CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER® professionals;
- Launched Money and Life website to provide a direct link between the financial planning profession and the public;
- Represented the 190,000 CFPs globally as the Chair of the Chief Executives Committee of the Financial Planning Standards Board (FPSB Ltd) for the past three years; and
- Led the co-operation between the key associations that represent financial planners for one message many voices approach to advocacy, this included the cooperation with the AFA on successfully obtaining the extension to the FASEA exam and degree equivalent requirements.
The Board will commence a search for a replacement for Mr De Gori immediately.