The FPA promotes the highest education standards and maintains that access to quality research, teaching, and academic experience will best equip financial planners to create a strong financial future for all Australians.
The FPA is proud to support all university and RTO staff, lecturers, researchers, engagement staff and career advisers who regularly work with students that are interested in the profession, by providing complimentary FPA Academic membership*, valued at $495.
Academic membership is a non-voting category and benefits include:
- Stay informed: receive FPA newsletters and the Money & Life Professionals magazine to stay abreast of significant policy changes, case studies and articles
- Support your students: access exclusive career, study and FASEA requirement resources for your students in the member-only FPA Learn education hub.
- Maintain strong professional connections: join pertinent policy discussions on the FPA Community forum
- Member rewards: enjoy invitations and discounts to a range of professional events and webinars.
- Higher education insights: access the FPA Return to Learn and My CPD portals featuring the postgraduate course discounts matrix and CPD research webinars
- Community engagement: Fulfil your KPIs, with proof of engagement in the profession – available on request
Please download the Affiliate membership form, which incorporates the Academic membership application. Note: the FPA Affiliate membership is a paid category – as the Academic membership is complimentary please leave the payment section blank. Send your completed form to [email protected]
If you have any questions about membership or ideas on how we can work together to support your students, please contact the Member Services team [email protected].
*Complimentary Academic membership is available to university staff who do not currently hold another FPA Membership type (e.g. CFP®, AFP®), and who are not currently providing financial advice or listed on the Financial Adviser Register.