Your demonstration of the highest professional and ethical standards, through commitment to the FPA Code of Professional Practice and CFP® Certification, will bring your practice the recognition and respect it deserves.
Your practice will gain access to new client opportunities
As part of the FPA Professional Practice program, we have implemented a series of national referral programs designed to connect Australians with your financial planners. Our programs to date have exceeded our expectations and we are currently looking at some additional partnerships.
You’ll get higher community recognition
The use of FPA Professional Practice branding in your offices and on your business stationery will set your business apart as a role model in the community. It will clearly identify you as a high quality financial planning practice, committed to the highest professional and ethical standards.
To your peers, you’ll represent higher professional standards
The quality of your business will be instantly recognisable because at least 75% of your practitioners are FPA members and 50% have achieved CFP® Professional status (or will meet that criteria within 3 years).
Your practice will become an ‘employer of choice’
Future and current employees will be attracted by your standing as an FPA Professional Practice.
The interests of your practice will be supported by the FPA
Through representation, advocacy and national consumer advertising, the FPA continually promotes the higher standards of FPA members.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR an FPA Professional Practice
The FPA Professional Practice program is open to:
- Self-licensed financial planning practices
- local branches of employed financial planners
- practices under a dealer group AFSL
that have been operating for at least one year.
Whichever category your practice belongs to, you will need to meet the following requirements:
- 75% of your financial planners must be FPA members in these categories: CFP professional; Financial Planner AFP or Associate.
- 50% of your financial planners are already CFP professionals (or will be within three years)*
- Your practice commits to upholding the FPA Code of Professional Practice.
* There must be at least one CFP professional in the practice to be appointed the Relationship Manager.
If you have any questions about eligibility or the application process, please get in touch and we’ll be delighted to help.