The Constitution of the Financial Planning Association (FPA) requires that the FPA calls an election no less than 84 days before the Annual General Meeting (AGM).
Eligible members are FPA members in the CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER® professional, Financial Planner AFP® and Associate member categories. Eligible members are entitled to be nominated for election, to propose or second nominations and to vote in the election.
Eligible members who are nominated must have renewed their membership for the 2018/19 financial year. Each nomination requires a proposer and a seconder who must also be eligible members.
This election is being called for three (3) member elected Director positions on the FPA Board. In accordance with the FPA Constitution and the Election Regulations, the two (2) CFP® professionals with the highest number of votes plus the one (1) nominee with the next highest number of votes will be appointed. The term of appointment for these member directors will be three (3) years in accordance with clause 34.1 of the FPA Constitution.
PROCESS FOR ELECTIONS
Please take time to read the FPA Board Charter and Code of Conduct and the FPA Member Director Role Description prior to starting a nomination.
Members will be sent an email on Wednesday 4 September 2019 calling for nominations for three new Director positions on the FPA Board. All eligible members able to nominate will be provided with a link to the online nomination form.
The online nomination form is structured to allow FPA members the opportunity to compare candidates, ensuring transparency in the election process. The nomination form comprises the following four questions which each require an answer of no more than 200 words.
- Your recent active involvement with the FPA via work with Committees/Chapters, outlining your key successes and achievements.
- Previous Board experience and demonstrated track record as a Director, identifying knowledge of corporate governance, strategic planning and risk management.
- Financial literacy and history of running a complex business.
- Your ‘Pitch’ to members including (optionally) your contact details.
We recommend that applicants plan their answers carefully and then copy and paste into the online form.
On completion of the nomination form, you will be prompted to confirm the following:
- That you have read, and agree to abide by the FPA Board Charter and Code of Conduct.
- That you have read the FPA Member Director Role Description and if elected, will give your commitment to the time required to discharge the role and responsibilities.
- That you have undertaken appropriate AICD training (or the equivalent). If you do not, that you are willing to undertake this training within the first 12 months of appointment.
- That you are willing to undergo satisfactory character checks (including police checks, credit checks and FPA professional team checks as to professional conduct).
- That you are willing to sign a Deed of Access and Indemnity and a Director Services Agreement on appointment.
- That you have completed the Personal Declaration form and emailed a copy to the Returning Officer at [email protected]
You will also have the facility to upload a small photograph of yourself in jpeg format.
Your application must be seconded by two eligible FPA members who are currently renewed for the 2019/2020 financial year.
After submitting your application you will be contacted by a member of the FPA Board. They will confirm that you are fully informed about the role and the commitment and responsibilities attached to it. No nomination will be endorsed. As a result of member feedback, we no longer provide nominees with membership data for the purposes of campaigning. You will have an opportunity to amend your nomination prior to voting opening on Wednesday 2 October 2019.
Exact dates to be confirmed at the beginning of 2019.
|Wednesday 4 September 2019||Nominations open for the election of Member Directors|
|Wednesday 18 September 2019||Nominations close for the election of Member Directors|
|Wednesday 2 October 2019||Voting opens for the election of Member Directors|
|Wednesday 23 October 2019||Voting closes for the election of Member Directors|
|Wednesday 30 October 2019||Advise election results|
|Wednesday 27 November||Appointment of Directors
2019 FPA Annual General Meeting