The FPA Constitution requires that the FPA calls an election no less than 84 days before the Annual General Meeting (AGM).
Nominees must be either CFP®, Financial Planner AFP® or Associate members of the FPA who have renewed their membership for the 2016/2017 financial year. They must be nominated by two other financial members.
In accordance with the Constitution of the FPA and the Election Regulations, the nominee with the highest number of votes will be appointed. The term of appointment for these member directors will be three years.
Process to follow
Please take time to read the FPA Board Charter and Code of Conduct and the FPA Member Director Role Description prior to starting a nomination.
Members will be sent an email on Tuesday 30 August 2016 calling for nominations for three new Director positions on the FPA Board. All eligible members able to nominate will be provided with a link to the online nomination form.
The online nomination form is structured to allow FPA members the opportunity to compare candidates, ensuring transparency in the election process. The nomination form comprises the following four questions which each require an answer of no more than 200 words.
- Your recent active involvement with the FPA via work with Committees/Chapters, outlining your key successes and achievements.
- Previous Board experience and demonstrated track record as a Director, identifying knowledge of corporate governance, strategic planning and risk management.
- Financial literacy and history of running a complex business.
- Your ‘Pitch’ to members including (optionally) your contact details.
We recommend that applicants plan their answers carefully and then copy and paste into the online form.
On completion of the nomination form, you will be prompted to confirm the following:
- That you have read, and agree to abide by the FPA Board Charter and Code of Conduct.
- That you have read the FPA Member Director Role Description and if elected, will give your commitment to the time required to discharge the role and responsibilities.
- That you have undertaken appropriate AICD training (or the equivalent). If you do not, that you are willing to undertake this training within the first 12 months of appointment.
- That you are willing to undergo satisfactory character checks (including police checks, credit checks and FPA professional team checks as to professional conduct).
- That you are willing to sign the Deed of Access and Indemnity on appointment.
You will also have the facility to upload a small photograph of yourself in jpeg format.
Your application must be seconded by two FPA members who are currently renewed for the 2016/2017 financial year.
After submitting your application you will be contacted by a member of the FPA Board. They will confirm that you are fully informed about the role and the commitment and responsibilities attached to it. No nomination will be endorsed. As a result of member feedback, we have made the decision this year to not provide nominees with membership data for the purposes of campaigning. You will have an opportunity to amend your nomination prior to voting opening on Tuesday 27 September 2016.
|Tuesday 30 August 2016||Nominations open for the election of Member Directors|
|Tuesday 13 September 2016||Nominations close for the election of Member Directors|
|Tuesday 27 September 2016||Voting opens for the election of Member Directors|
|Tuesday 18 October 2016||Voting closes for the election of Member Directors|
|Tuesday 25 October 2016||Advise election results|
|Tuesday 22 November 2016||2016 FPA Annual General Meeting|