This member category is for undergraduate and postgraduate students studying relevant degrees part-time or full-time with an interest in financial planning.
Why financial planning?
As a financial planner, you can earn a great salary and have the flexibility and freedom to work how you want – whether that’s with a small or large business, or setting up your own practice. With financial planners in demand around the world, working overseas may also be an option too.
So, while you’re helping secure the financial future of others, you’ll also be developing the career you want, the way you want.
Why should you join the FPA?
- It’s free!
- Access career relevant resources
- Attend networking opportunities such as local chapter events and the FPA Careers in Financial Planning event series
- Access resources to help you with your future career such as the Career Ready webinar series, podcasts and Professional Year resources.
- Access $400 discount off FPA Affiliate membership once you graduate tuition fees at many universities.
If you’ve graduated, you’re eligible to upgrade to the FPA Affiliate member category. This category is significantly discounted, for graduating student members only to $95, normally $495. By upgrading, you’ll unlock unique professional development content tailored to this early stage of your career.
To become an FPA student member, you must meet one of the below criteria:
- Studying an approved degree undergraduate
- Studying an approved postgraduate degree and have not been a paying FPA member within the last two years.
- Studying an Advanced Diploma of Paraplanning and have not been a paying FPA member within the last two years.
See FPA Member and Affiliate regulations for full eligibility.
FPA Student membership is free
Apply to become an FPA Student member
You can apply online now or for more information on becoming a Student member of the FPA please email or call our Member Services team on 1300 337 301.