NEW Postgraduates now eligible for free FPA Student membership
Part-time postgraduate students are now eligible for free student membership under new inclusions announced by the FPA. Students completing FASEA-approved postgraduate courses are invited to join the vibrant student member community and access key networking events, professional connections and resources.
Eligible students must not be on the Financial Adviser Register (FAR) or have been a paying FPA member in the last two years.
WHY BECOME A STUDENT MEMBER?
Not only is it free to join, as a student member of the FPA, you gain access to a ton of resources, networking opportunities and an increased chance of securing an internship or even a future job.
PLUS, sign up as a student member and you’ll be eligible for a $400 discount off the Allied Professional membership once you graduate.
Why financial planning?
As a financial planner, you can earn a great salary and have the flexibility and freedom to work how you want – whether that’s with a small or large business, or setting up your own practice. With financial planners in demand around the world, working overseas is also an option too.
So, while you’re helping secure the financial future of others, you’ll also be developing the career you want, the way you want.
Find out why financial planning could be the career for you.
Eligibility for FPA student membership
- Student membership is free for all undergraduate and postgraduate students with an interest in financial planning
- By submitting a Student membership application and agreeing to the Terms and Conditions, the applicant confirms they:
- Are currently studying a bachelor’s or postgraduate degree
- Are not working in a role giving financial advice (i.e. not on the Financial Adviser Register)
- While we run on a trust basis, please note that we do conduct audits to confirm this membership category is right for you.
- Not eligible for student membership? We’d still love to have you as part of our community through one of our other FPA membership categories.
Apply now to become a Student member. To find out more about becoming an FPA Student Member please call our Member Services team on 1300 337 301.
Choose the right study pathway
Did you know that not all business, commerce, and finance-focused degrees will qualify you to become a financial planner? Choose a degree and major that count by checking the FASEA list of approved courses. Learn about the latest Professional Year requirements, entrance exam and career pathway information for New Entrants. Find out more