- To apply you must be an FPA student member
- Studying a FASEA approved financial planning degree, or completing a financial planning unit within a finance, business, or commerce degree
What the judges are looking for
- Demonstration of how you have gone over and above to achieve your results
- Passion for the financial planning industry and the FPA
- Communication and leadership skills.
- Part 1: Written submission to be submitted through the FPA Awards online portal – a judging panel will review applications and select finalists
- Part 2: Finalists to be interviewed by the judging panel
- Part 3: Referee checks completed by the judging panel (if required).
Written submission requirements
The written submission must address the areas below.
- Detail your academic achievements, relevant work experience, extra-curricular activities and/or your involvement in community activities – preferably finance/financial planning related (max 750 words)
- What are your career ambitions following graduation? (max 400 words)
- Why are you passionate about pursuing a career in financial planning? (max 400 words)
- Provide any other information you believe relevant to your application, including any supporting documents if applicable e.g. copies of transcripts or award certificates
- An academic representative or professional referee that could be contacted (if required) to support your submission.