This member category is for those in the academic community with a special interest or focus in financial planning. This includes university and RTO staff, lecturers, researchers, engagement staff and university careers units who regularly work with students that are studying FASEA or VET approved financial planning qualifications. This membership category is also open to high school careers advisers.
Why should you join the FPA?
By becoming an FPA Academic Affiliate member, you will:
- Stay informed: receive both the FPA newsletters and Money & Life Professionals newsletters to stay abreast of significant policy changes, case studies and articles
- Support your students: access exclusive career, study and Professional Year resources for your students in the member-only FPA Learn education hub.
- Maintain strong professional connections: join pertinent policy discussions on the FPA Community forum
- Member rewards: enjoy invitations and discounts to a range of professional events and webinars.
- Higher education insights: access FPA Learn and My CPD portals featuring the postgraduate course discounts matrix and CPD research webinars
- Community engagement: Fulfil your KPIs, with proof of engagement in the profession – available on request
- Work in a university or other tertiary institution
- Do not currently hold another FPA Membership type (e.g. CFP®, AFP®),
- AND are not currently providing financial advice or listed on the Financial Adviser Register.
See FPA Member and Affiliate regulations for full eligibility.
This membership is complimentary for eligible academics, valued at $495.
Apply to become an FPA Academic Affiliate member
Apply online now or for more information on becoming an Academic affiliate member of the FPA please email or call our Member Services team on 1300 337 301.