|Name||Sean Nigh, AFP®|
|Company||Ellerfield Financial Planning|
|Address||50-56 Sanders Street
Upper Mr Gravatt, QLD 4122
|Phone||07 3219 1188|
"If I had an hour to solve a problem and my life depended on it, I would spend the first 55 minutes determining the proper question to ask." - Albert Einsten
As a financial advisers my greatest strength is not giving advice, rather it is asking the right questions. Anyone can give advice, but only with education, wisdom and experience can you determine the proper question to ask.
When working with my clients, my focus is always on their goals. Once this is established I set task with my team of experts to develop the most effective financial strategy to achieving this. The strategy is different for every client and may include any or all of the following:
Current situation analysis: how do you currently have things set up and can you sustain doing what you are currently doing and achieve all of your goals?
Proposed strategy: what changes do you need to make for immediate and long term benefits? In summary, the key questions we consider are:
- How can you improve your banking structure to simplify your affairs while also maximising your dollar?
- What is your savings capacity on an annual after tax basis?
- Can we decrease your tax liability?
- What is the best way to allocate these savings towards the achievement of your goals?
- Should you pay down debt, invest for the future and/or put more money into super?
* If pay down debt - do you have the right type of mortgage and the best rate?
* If invest - into what? Cash, TD's, Bonds, Shares, Property? Should you negatively or positively gear?
*If put more into super - should you salary sacrifice or make after tax contributions? What fund should you be using and how should you invest your super?
- What protection do you need in case something happens? What is the exit strategy / Plan B?
Final result: If you maximise all of the above, what will the benefits and outcome be? How do we set this all up and how do we review it as things change?
My goal is to help clients achieve their goals.