|Name||Robert Baker, CFP®|
|Address||2nd Floor / Riverside House
43 River Street
Mackay, QLD 4740
Bob Baker is the Executive Chairman of AccuVest Pty Ltd (Lic No 247104)
Bob has had a distinguished professional career, first as a Chemical Engineer, in Australia and overseas, then as a leader of technology-based companies and associations and more latterly as a financial planner.
Bob's qualifications include:
• Diploma of Financial Planning (Deakin University)
• Degree in Chemical Engineering (Hons 1)(UNSW)
• In secondary school he was Dux of Murwillumbah High School & made the State Honours list for Economics
Bob's industry and management experience spanned:
• Energy & Resource Technology: including secondment to centres of excellence in the USA & Europe - with a focus on Coal Processing (including coal liquefaction) technology & fluidised bed combustion and project evaluation and development
• Medical technology: including running one of the Nucleus Group companies; at that time Nucleus was Australia's leading medical technology success story, and Chairmanship of the Medical Engineering Research Association (21 companies sponsoring and facilitating applied Medical Research at Universities)
• Biotechnology/Biosensors - including being the founding Chairman of a Research Consortium involving 4 Australian Companies and 3 divisions of the CSIRO which ultimately listed on the ASX
He set up his own business in 1989. Obtaining his own license in 1998. This was seen as a critical part of taking control and ensuring that clients got "quality advice".