Western Division Member Seminar – Orange
Friday 21st October, 9:00am – 1:00pm
The FPA Western Division Chapter Committee invites you to attend a Member Seminar on Thursday 20th of October at the Dubbo Golf Club and on Friday 21st of October at the Orange Ex-Services Club.
During this event you will hear from three guest speakers as follows:
1. Julie Berry – Tax Practitioners Board (TPB) Board Member
Julie was FPA National Chair, is a Life Member of the FPA and is also currently a Board member with the Tax Practitioners Board. She is also a Chapter Chair for the FPA Mid North Coast Chapter and operates a Financial Planning Practice in Port Macquarie.
During her presentation Julie will present on ‘Financial Planners, Are you ready for registration’ which will cover:
– Unintended consequences of not being qualified at renewal
– Compliance framework that FP Tax agents must be aware of
– Professionalism and ethics for our industry
2. Allison Macfarlane – Centuria – Investment Bond Division
During her presentation Allison will present on the topic of ‘Aged care strategies using bonds’, which will include:
– Education planning strategies
– Discussion in regards to Aged Care Masterclasses
3. Cristean Yazbeck – Hamilton Blackstone Lawyers
Cristean Yazbeck is Managing Director of Hamilton Blackstone Lawyers, which specialises in estate planning, aged care, superannuation, and estate administration. Cristean is an industry-leading estate planning and financial services lawyer, with over 10 years’ experience. Working closely with financial planners, Hamilton Blackstone Lawyers supports the delivery of financial and estate planning services to clients. Cristean has written and spoken widely on estate planning and financial services law and will present the topic ‘Estate Planning: critical issues for financial planners’, which will cover the following:
– Who is a dependant under SIS & tax legislation
– Binding, non-lapsing and discretionary nominations: why and why not
– Recent cases involving interdependency claims
– FP estate planning compliance, legal issues, & duty of care
Lunch will be provided at both events and we are also planning on running our annual Chapter Election after the Orange seminar.
Cost: Members: Complimentary, Non-Members: $20
RSVP: By, Monday 10 October 2016
Clicking the confirm registration button does NOT complete your registration. You must click on “submit final confirmation” button to finalise your booking, which is on the next page.
|Venue:||Orange Ex-Services Club|
|Address:||231/241 Anson St, Orange NSW 2800|
Western Division Member Seminar - Orange: Member = $0.00, Non-Member = $20.00