Tasmania Chapter Lunch Event
Thursday 15 March 2018, 12:00pm to 1:30pm
The FPA Tasmania Chapter Committee invites you to a Lunch Event on Thursday 15 March at the Henry Jones Art Hotel.
Talkin’ ‘Bout My Correlation
Advisers face challenges at every turn in looking for suitable income solutions for clients. With extremely low yields and political uncertainty creating an unstable backdrop it is increasingly difficult to understand where to go for income using a traditional approach to fixed income.
To comment on this you will hear from Joran Laird of T. Rowe Price, who will provide knowledge and experience in this area, such as;
– Overview on the importance of asset class correlation (Fixed Income and Equities) – Why this matters, especially during times of market distress.
– Inform advisers of some of the potential risks facing fixed income portfolios in a low yield and rising rate environment.
– Increase adviser awareness of the impeding challenges that traditional benchmark aware fixed income strategies face
– Reinforce the role of fixed income, the opportunities in global and some of the risks that may be on the horizon from being too exposed to credit.
– Providing Advisers with practical tools to help articulate where we can find income and setting income return expectations given the environment face
Our Speaker: Joran Laird, T.Rowe Price
Joran Laird is a Global Fixed Income Portfolio Specialist in the Fixed Income Division of T.Rowe Price based in Hong Kong. He works closely with local offices in Asia and provides technical knowledge and client servicing for a number of our global fixed income strategies.
Mr. Laird has 19 years of investment experience. Prior to joining T.Rowe Price in 2015, he worked for Alliance Bernstein as a fixed income portfolio manager in Tokyo, Melbourne, New York and Wellington. Prior to that, he worked at the National Bank of New Zealand as a Risk Analyst and Treasury Dealer.
Mr. Laird studied at the University of Canterbury, where he achieved an M.Com in Economics. He also earned the Chartered Financial Analyst designation.
Date: Thursday 15 March
Event Time: 12:00pm to 1:30pm
Venue: Henry Jones Art Hotel, 25 Hunter Street, Hobart TAS 7000 Room: Jones & Co
A hot buffet lunch will be provided.
RSVP: By Thursday 8 March
Individual Cost: This event is complimentary for FPA Members and Non-Members
CPD: CPD Hours will be awarded for this event.
The Committee looks forward to seeing you there!
FPA Tasmania Chapter Committee
|Venue:||Henry Jones Art Hotel|
|Address:||Hobart TAS 7000|
Member = $0.00, Non-Member = $0.00