The FPA’s specialist designations are designed for financial planners looking to master and enhance their offering in speciality areas of advice and to maintain these skills on an ongoing basis. Gaining an FPA specialist designation will provide you professional recognition of your expertise.
FPA specialist designations currently on offer:
- FPA Aged Care Specialist
We look forward to launching more specialist designations soon.
BECOME AN FPA AGED CARE SPECIALIST
Gain confidence and competence to provide aged care financial advice and commit to ongoing training as a specialist.
In collaboration with Aged Care Steps, the FPA offers financial planners expert training and ongoing professional development in the area of aged care advice, allowing you to become recognised as an FPA Aged Care Specialist.
CFP® professionals or Financial Planner AFP® members
HOW TO APPLY
- Enrol and complete the Aged Care Steps Accredited Aged Care Professional™ program. Visit Aged Care Steps to enrol.
- Upon completion, apply to become an FPA Aged Care Specialist by completing the FPA application form. Download the application form
- Submit the application alongside a copy of your certificate of the Aged Care Steps Accredited Aged Care ProfessionalTM program to [email protected].
- Successful applicants will receive a confirmation letter, certificate, digital badge and designation usage guide from the FPA within two weeks of final assessment.
- Each year, you are required to complete 9 CPD hours in the area of aged care to maintain your ongoing training and uphold the designation.
- To ensure the standards of the specialist designation are upheld, practitioners may be subject to regular CPD audits.
How much does it cost?
What if I’ve already completed the Aged Care Steps Accredited Aged Care Professional program?