FPEC comprises financial planner practitioners and academics. It advises universities who are applying for FASEA accreditation of courses and provides industry support to academia, including support for academic research.
FPEC comprises academics and industry professionals. It is overseen by acting Chair Sharon Taylor, Associate Professor, Western Sydney University and provides advice to the FPA Board.
FPEC seeks to raise the standard of financial planning education and promote financial planning as a distinct learning area and a career of choice for new students and career changers by:
- Driving the development of university-level financial planning programs through the provision of advice for universities undergoing FASEA accreditation, and by liaising with and assisting FASEA on educational matters.
- Supporting structures within the university environment to build financial planning as a discipline by supporting research forums, research grants and by supporting FPA Academic Awards.
- Encouraging industry engagement with academia by promoting the university and industry partnerships, representing academics to regulatory bodies, supporting conferences and activities which bring academia and professional practice together.
- Encouraging the growth of enrolments in financial planning courses by promoting financial planning as a career path to university and high school students, seeking to develop and grow scholarship funds, supporting the growth of internships and professional year placements for graduates.
- Chair: Marc Olynyk AFP® – Senior Lecturer in Financial Planning and Director of Work Integrated Learning, Deakin University
- Diana Bugarcic – Head Teacher Accounting & Finance, TAFE NSW
- Robert Durand – Professor, Curtin University
- Dianne Johnson – Lead Course Coordinator (Financial Planning), Griffith University
- Ronald McIver – Lecturer, University of South Australia
- Vicky Ampoulous – Organisational Change Manager, CBA Group Super
- Julian Place CFP® – Director, Financial Planning Association & Regional Manager, Oreana Financial Services
- Rebecca Watt CFP® – Snr Remediation Manager, WBC
- Dante De Gori CFP® – CEO, Financial Planning Association
FPEC active sub-committee members
- Dr Syed Shams – Senior Lecturer, University of Southern Queensland
- Dr Julie Knutsen – Adjunct Professor, VU Online
- Loretta Iskra – Lecturer, University of Wollongong
- Dr Md Akhtaruzzaman – Head of Discipline, Accounting and Finance, Australian Catholic University
- Dr Abu Mollik – Senior Lecturer, Canberra University
FPEC Research Grants for Academics
FPEC established an annual grant scheme in 2014, which was sponsored by FPA and partners. Grants of up to $10,000 have been awarded via this program to support the development of financial planning as an academic discipline.
The grants are currently closed and the program is not being offered while we seek new sponsors. If you are interested in sponsoring the program please reach out to us via [email protected]
Research Grants brochure
2020 grant recipients