FPEC comprises financial planner practitioners and academics. It advises universities who are applying for FASEA accreditation of courses and provides industry support to academia, including support for academic research.
FPEC comprises academics and industry professionals. It is overseen by acting Chair Sharon Taylor, Associate Professor, Western Sydney University and provides advice to the FPA Board.
FPEC seeks to raise the standard of financial planning education and promote financial planning as a distinct learning area and a career of choice for new students and career changers by:
- Driving the development of university-level financial planning programs through the provision of advice for universities undergoing FASEA accreditation, and by liaising with and assisting FASEA on educational matters.
- Supporting structures within the university environment to build financial planning as a discipline by supporting research forums, research grants and by supporting FPA Academic Awards.
- Encouraging industry engagement with academia by promoting the university and industry partnerships, representing academics to regulatory bodies, supporting conferences and activities which bring academia and professional practice together.
- Encouraging the growth of enrolments in financial planning courses by promoting financial planning as a career path to university and high school students, seeking to develop and grow scholarship funds, supporting the growth of internships and professional year placements for graduates.
FPEC Research Grants for Academics
FPEC established an annual grant scheme in 2014, which is currently sponsored by the FPA and MLC Advice. Grants of up to $10,000 each support the development of financial planning as an academic discipline.
We’d love to hear from you. Send your questions to [email protected]
Research Grants brochure
2019 grant recipients
- Chair: Sharon Taylor – Associate Professor, Western Sydney University
- Diana Bugarcic – Head Teacher Accounting & Finance, TAFE NSW
- Robert Durand – Professor, Curtin University
- Dianne Johnson – Lecturer, Griffith University
- Ronald McIver – Lecturer, University of South Australia
- Marc Olynyk AFP® – Senior Lecturer in Financial Planning and Superannuation, Deakin University
- Vicky Ampoulous – Practice Development Manager, Pathways & Financial Wisdom
- Julian Place CFP® – Partnership Manager, Hillross Financial Services
- Rebecca Watt CFP® – Advice Monitoring, NAB
- Dante De Gori CFP® – CEO, Financial Planning Association
FPEC active sub-committee members
- Dr Syed Shams – Senior Lecturer, University of Southern Queensland
- Dr Julie Knutsen – Senior Lecturer
- Loretta Iskra – Lecturer, University of Wollongong
- Dr Md Akhtaruzzaman – Lecturer, Australian Catholic University
- Dr Abu Mollik – Senior Lecturer, Canberra University