FPEC comprises financial planner practitioners and academics. It sets the standards for accreditation of university courses and provides industry support to academia, including support for academic research.
The FPEC comprises academics and industry professionals. It is overseen by acting Chair Sharon Taylor, Associate Professor, Western Sydney University and provides advice to the FPA Board.
FPEC Curriculum Guidelines
FPEC released its Curriculum guidelines in 2012. During 2014-15 all education providers on the FPA’s Approved degree list have been assessed against this list.
- Download the Curriculum and Accreditation Framework
- Download FAQ and guidance for universities seeking accreditation
- Approved degree list
- FPEC Accredited Graduate Diplomas
- FPEC RG146 Summary
FPEC Research Grants for Academics
The FPEC has established an annual grant scheme, sponsored by the FPA. Grants up to $5000 each support the development of financial planning as an academic discipline.
Contact: [email protected]
Past grant recipients are:
- A team led by Dr Adrian Raftery, Deakin University
- Sharon Taylor and Suzanne Wagland, Western Sydney University
- Ms Julie Knutsen, with Assoc. Professor Mark Brimble and Dr Robyn Cameron, Griffith University
- Mr Lujer Santacruz, from the University of Southern Queensland with Assoc. Professor Mark Brimble of Griffith University.
- Chair: Sharon Taylor – Associate Professor, Western Sydney University
- Diana Bugarcic – Head Teacher Accounting & Finance & Course Coordinator – Bachelor of Applied Finance (Financial Planning) – TAFE NSW
- Dr Kingsley Fong – Senior Lecturer and Associate Head of School in Banking and Finance, Australian School of Business, The University of New South Wales
- Martin McIntosh CFP® – Managing Director, Planning Partners
- Chris Morcom CFP®– Director/Private Client Adviser, Hewison Private Wealth
- Marc Olynyk AFP® – Senior Lecturer in Financial Planning and Superannuation, Deakin University
- Dr John Teale
- Rebecca Watt CFP® – Australian Super
- Dante De Gori CFP® – FPA CEO