The FPA, or the relevant owner, retains all rights (including copyrights, trademarks, patents as well as any other intellectual property, download, publish, distribute or reproduce any of the information contained on this Site in any form without the prior written consent of the FPA or the appropriate consent of the owner. However, you may print out and/or download information contained on this Site for your own personal and non-commercial use.
The FPA is not responsible for the accuracy or content of third party web sites which may have links from this Site. In creating hypertext links to any other web sites the FPA is not recommending that web site or giving any assurances at to its standing. The use of such links is entirely at your own risk and the FPA accepts no responsibility or liability for the content, use or availability of such web sites.
Links to FPA Sites are not permitted without the prior written consent of the FPA.
Although the FPA attempts to provide accurate, complete and up-to-date information, the FPA makes no warranties or representations, express or implied, as to whether information provided on or via this Site is accurate, complete or up-to-date. The FPA does not represent or warrant that this Site functions without error or interruption.
As far as is permitted by law, the FPA excludes all liability to third parties arising directly or indirectly out of their use of or reliance on information contained in this Site.
This Site and its Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Victoria, Australia.
The FPA reserves the right to change the information provided on or via this Site, including these Terms, at any time and without notice. It is recommended that you review the information provided on or via this Site, including these Terms, periodically for changes.
Find a Planner
1. The FPA offers the Find a Planner referral service (“Find A Planner”) for the benefit of the public and FPA members.
2. The purpose of Find A Planner is to assist the public to locate FPA members in their area so they can obtain financial planning advice.
3. By using Find A Planner, you agree:
(a) you will use the information obtained from Find A Planner solely for the purpose of seeking financial planning services from FPA members;
(b) you will not use the information obtained from Find A Planner:
(i) for marketing, selling or advertising;
(ii) to harass, intimidate or bully FPA members; and
(iii) in any other way that is contrary to the purpose of Find A Planner.
(c) you use Find A Planner at your own risk.
4.The FPA takes no responsibility for and make no representations as to the:
(a) suitability of the member to meet your particular financial planning needs;
(b) level of training or suitability of the members for the services they may be required to perform;
You should always make your own enquiries as to the suitability of the member to carry out the nature and scope of the work which you seek to be undertaken.
5. The FPA takes no responsibility for the accuracy of information or advice provided by, to or on behalf of members.
6. The FPA does not accept responsibility for any form of loss or liability incurred by you arising directly or indirectly or in connection with any referral, irrespective of whether the loss or liability is the result of any negligence or other default on the part of the FPA.
7. The FPA does not guarantee the existence, currency or adequacy of appropriate professional indemnity insurance of its members.
8. The FPA reserves the right to suspend or remove any adviser from Find a Planner whose conduct:
(a) constitutes a Notifiable Event under Schedule 4 of the Member and Affiliate Regulation 2017; or
(b) is or has been the subject of disciplinary proceedings or an investigation or enquiry before any professional or regulatory body, association, Court, tribunal or official or public inquiry; or
(c) is or has been the subject of disciplinary proceedings or an investigation by their employer or an Australian Financial Services licensee.
at any time and without notice.
By using Find a Planner you acknowledge and agree that the FPA may suspend or remove any adviser from Find a Planner in accordance with this clause. The FPA takes no responsibility for and makes no representations as to the nature of any such conduct, disciplinary proceedings, enquiry or investigation.
Ask an FPA Expert
The expert does not act on behalf of the FPA. The opinions expressed and information provided by the expert are not those of the FPA. The expert is responsible for any financial product advice provided and for satisfying any related regulatory requirements.The FPA exercises no control over, does not endorse and takes no responsibility for any financial product advice provided. The FPA is not responsible in any way for any injury, loss or damage which occurs as a result of an opinion expressed or information provided by the expert or as a result of the use of this website.
A de-identified (name, location and other identifying information changed) version of this answer may appear on our website as a form of information and education for other consumers. The FPA reserves the right to edit the information before publishing and will not answer or publish incomplete questions.
FinANCIAL PLANNING WEEK 2019: WIN THE GIFT OF A LIFETIME
Competition Terms & Conditions (Conditions)
Financial Planning Week 2019: Win the Gift of a Lifetime Competition
Financial Planning Association of Australia Limited (ABN 62 054 174 453) of Level 4, 75 Castlereagh Street Sydney NSW 2000. Telephone: 02 9220 4500.
Start Date: Wednesday, 21 August 2019 at 3:00 PM AEST
End Date: Wednesday, 4 September 2019 at 3:00 PM AEST
Entry is open to Australian residents aged 18 years and over.
How to enter:
To enter the Promotion, the entrant must complete the following steps during the Promotional Period:
- Like the FPA Australia page at facebook.com/FinancialPlanningAssociationAU
- Tell us in 50 words or less: “Why you or someone you love would value the gift of $2,400 toward seeing a financial planner and making a plan together for a brighter financial future.”
- Submit the entry by leaving a comment on the competition video post on the FPA Australia Facebook Page located at facebook.com/FinancialPlanningAssociationAU
Number of entries permitted:
The entrant may enter the Promotion multiple times, however, only one prize will be awarded to the chosen winner.
Tuesday, 10 September 2019.
Entries close on Wednesday, 4 September 2019 at 3:00 PM AEST. Judging will commence on Friday, 6 September 2019 at 12:00 PM AEST. Judging will conclude on Monday, 9 September at 5:00 PM AEST.
The FPA judging panel will select the winner, having regard to skill, creativity and originality from all valid entries received during the Promotion Period. All entries will be judged individually on their merit. The winner will be notified by Facebook Direct Message on Tuesday, 10 September by 5:00 PM AEST.
The winner will be announced on the FPA Australia Facebook Page located at https://www.facebook.com/FinancialPlanningAssociationAU after the winner has been personally notified.
The judging process will take place at 75 Castlereagh Street Sydney NSW 2000.
Prize Claim Date:
Wednesday, 18 September 2019 at 3:00 PM AEST
Re-Draw Date (if required):
Monday, 23 September 2019 at 12:00 PM AEST
1 x MAJOR PRIZE WINNER.
The prize winner will receive the following prize:
1 x $2,400 AUD from the Financial Planning Association of Australia (FPA) provided by Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT).
Not transferable, substitutable or exchangeable nor redeemable (including any unused portion) for cash or any cash alternative. Delivery is to the nominated bank account of the entrant after providing proof of residency status and date of birth.
Terms and Conditions
- The entrant agrees and acknowledges that they have read these Terms and Conditions, including the Schedule, (Conditions) and that entry into the Promotion is deemed to be acceptance of these Conditions. Any capitalised terms used in these Conditions have the meaning given in the Schedule unless stated otherwise.
- Entry and continued participation in the Promotion is conditional on the entrant following and acting in accordance with the Facebook Statement of Rights and Responsibilities, which can be viewed at http://www.facebook.com/terms.php. This Promotion adheres to the terms and conditions set out in the Facebook promotion guidelines which can be found at https://www.facebook.com/policies/pages_groups_events/#. As the Promotion is conducted (in part or wholly) via Facebook social media platform(s), the entrant acknowledges that the Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. The entrant also acknowledges that any information they provide in connection with the Promotion is provided to the Promoter and not to Facebook. Any questions or comments regarding the Promotion must be directed to the Promoter, not to Facebook. The entrant releases Facebook and its associated companies from all liabilities arising in respect of the Promotion
- The Promotion commences on the Wednesday, 21 August 2019 at 3:00 PM AEST and ends on Wednesday, 4 September 2019 at 3:00 PM AEST (Promotional Period). Entries must be received during the Promotional Period. Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission or deposit by the entrant. All entries are deemed the property of the Promoter. Records of the Promoter and its agencies are final and conclusive as to the time of receipt. The name of the entrant on the entry is deemed responsible for the entry and/or entries.
- The Promotion involves a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winner. Each entry will be individually judged having regard to skill, creativity and originality from all valid entries received during the Promotion Period. All entries will be judged individually on their merit.
- The Promoter is not responsible or liable for receipt of incomplete, damaged or incomprehensible entries. All such inaccurate entries will be deemed invalid. No responsibility or liability is accepted for late, lost or misdirected entries. The entrant warrants to the Promoter that the entry submitted is the original work of the entrant and that it does not infringe on the rights of any third parties. Incomplete and indecipherable entries or entries containing, without limitation, discriminatory, unlawful, offensive or defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third party rights, including intellectual property rights, are not eligible to win. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an individual to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and may render all entries submitted by that individual invalid. Any entry that does not comply with these Conditions will be invalid.
- Employees of the Promoter, Financial Planning Association of Australia (FPA) Members (and the immediate families of such employees or FPA Members) of the Promoter, the Promoter’s retailers, distributors, suppliers and associated companies and agencies are not eligible to enter. Valid and eligible entries will be accepted up to Wednesday, 4 September 2019 at 3:00 PM AEST. Judging will commence on Friday, 6 September 2019 at 12:00 PM AEST. Judging will conclude on Monday, 9 September 2019 at 5:00 PM AEST.
- All reasonable attempts will be made to contact an entrant to award the prize. Failure by an entrant to claim the prize by the Prize Claim Date by the Promoter will result in forfeiture of the prize.
- If an entrant chooses not to take their prize (or is unable to) by the Prize Claim Date, they forfeit the prize and the Promoter is not obliged to substitute the prize.
- If the prize remains unclaimed, it will be re-allocated to the entrant that has submitted the entry which best meets the judging criteria, excluding the entrant that has failed or chosen not to claim the prize. The re-draw will occur on the Re-Draw Date and will be in accordance with the Draw Method.
- The prize will be awarded to the person named in the entry and any entry that is made on behalf of an entrant or by a third party will be invalid.
- If the prize is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize or equal or greater value, subject to any directions given under State or Territory legislation or regulations.
- If the entrant has provided personal information to the Promoter, then the entrant is taken to have disclosed their personal information and have consented to the Promoter dealing with their personal information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs). Personal information will be stored on the Promoter’s database and the Promoter may use this information for future marketing purposes regarding its products, including contacting the entrant electronically via the (subscription-based) email newsletter Money & Life.
- For the purposes of public statements and advertisements, the Promoter will only publish the entrant’s surname and initial. Entrants can request access to the personal information the Promoter holds about them by contacting the Promoter and any request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to the Promoter. The Promoter complies with the Spam Act 2003 (Cth) and the Spam Regulations 2004 (Cth).
- The Promoter reserves the right to refuse to allow an entrant to take a prize, if the Promoter determines in their absolute discretion, that an entrant is not in the physical or mental condition necessary to be able to safely use or accept the prize. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the entrant may be required to sign a legal release as determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion, prior to receiving the prize(s).
- If for any reason any aspect of this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion and invalidate any affected entries, subject to State or Territory legislation and regulations.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to validate and check the authenticity of entries and entrants’ details (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to request that the entrant provide reasonable evidence to the Promoter. In the event that an entrant cannot provide suitable proof or proof that is reasonably satisfactory to the Promoter, the entrant will forfeit their entry in the Promotion, or if the entrant is selected as the winner, the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify entries in the event of non-compliance with these Conditions. All decisions relating to the conduct of the Promoter and the Promotion, including, but not limited to, the selection of any and all parts of an entry to be published and the awarding of any prize, are at the sole and exclusive discretion of the Promoter. In the event that there is a dispute concerning the conduct of the Promotion or the Promoter, the decision of the Promoter is final and binding on each entrant and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Nothing in these Conditions, limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Australian Consumer Act contained in the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, the Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be responsible or liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using any prize (or recommendation), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility or liability for any tax implications and the entrant must seek their own independent financial advice regarding the tax implications relating to the prize or acceptance of the prize.
- The entrant will participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable marketing and editorial activities relating to the Promotion, including (but not limited to) being recorded, photographed, filmed or interviewed and acknowledges and agrees that the Promoter may use any such marketing and editorial material without further reference or compensation to them.
- Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of these rights.