The FPA, or the relevant owner, retains all rights (including copyrights, trademarks, patents as well as any other intellectual property, download, publish, distribute or reproduce any of the information contained on this Site in any form without the prior written consent of the FPA or the appropriate consent of the owner. However, you may print out and/or download information contained on this Site for your own personal and non-commercial use.
The FPA is not responsible for the accuracy or content of third party web sites which may have links from this Site. In creating hypertext links to any other web sites the FPA is not recommending that web site or giving any assurances at to its standing. The use of such links is entirely at your own risk and the FPA accepts no responsibility or liability for the content, use or availability of such web sites.
Links to FPA Sites are not permitted without the prior written consent of the FPA.
Although the FPA attempts to provide accurate, complete and up-to-date information, the FPA makes no warranties or representations, express or implied, as to whether information provided on or via this Site is accurate, complete or up-to-date. The FPA does not represent or warrant that this Site functions without error or interruption.
As far as is permitted by law, the FPA excludes all liability to third parties arising directly or indirectly out of their use of or reliance on information contained in this Site.
This Site and its Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Victoria, Australia.
The FPA reserves the right to change the information provided on or via this Site, including these Terms, at any time and without notice. It is recommended that you review the information provided on or via this Site, including these Terms, periodically for changes.
FPA Graduate Membership
Terms and Conditions
- The offer to access the special Graduate price of $95 for your first year of membership in the Allied Professional category will expire 12 months after your graduation date.
- The Graduate offer is limited to FPA Student members only, and entitles you to membership in the Allied Professional membership category.
- Pro-rata membership fees are not available with the Graduate offer, and your membership under the Graduate offer would run until 30 June of the year you upgrade.
- If you wish to upgrade to a membership category other than Allied Professional, please call 1300 337 301 or email [email protected] to discuss.
Find a Planner
1. The FPA offers the Find a Planner referral service (“Find A Planner”) for the benefit of the public and FPA members.
2. The purpose of Find A Planner is to assist the public to locate FPA members in their area so they can obtain financial planning advice.
3. By using Find A Planner, you agree:
(a) you will use the information obtained from Find A Planner solely for the purpose of seeking financial planning services from FPA members;
(b) you will not use the information obtained from Find A Planner:
(i) for marketing, selling or advertising;
(ii) to harass, intimidate or bully FPA members; and
(iii) in any other way that is contrary to the purpose of Find A Planner.
(c) you use Find A Planner at your own risk.
4.The FPA takes no responsibility for and make no representations as to the:
(a) suitability of the member to meet your particular financial planning needs;
(b) level of training or suitability of the members for the services they may be required to perform;
You should always make your own enquiries as to the suitability of the member to carry out the nature and scope of the work which you seek to be undertaken.
5. The FPA takes no responsibility for the accuracy of information or advice provided by, to or on behalf of members.
6. The FPA does not accept responsibility for any form of loss or liability incurred by you arising directly or indirectly or in connection with any referral, irrespective of whether the loss or liability is the result of any negligence or other default on the part of the FPA.
7. The FPA does not guarantee the existence, currency or adequacy of appropriate professional indemnity insurance of its members.
8. The FPA reserves the right to suspend or remove any adviser from Find a Planner whose conduct:
(a) constitutes a Notifiable Event under Schedule 4 of the Member and Affiliate Regulation 2017; or
(b) is or has been the subject of disciplinary proceedings or an investigation or enquiry before any professional or regulatory body, association, Court, tribunal or official or public inquiry; or
(c) is or has been the subject of disciplinary proceedings or an investigation by their employer or an Australian Financial Services licensee.
at any time and without notice.
By using Find a Planner you acknowledge and agree that the FPA may suspend or remove any adviser from Find a Planner in accordance with this clause. The FPA takes no responsibility for and makes no representations as to the nature of any such conduct, disciplinary proceedings, enquiry or investigation.
Ask an FPA Expert
The expert does not act on behalf of the FPA. The opinions expressed and information provided by the expert are not those of the FPA. The expert is responsible for any financial product advice provided and for satisfying any related regulatory requirements.The FPA exercises no control over, does not endorse and takes no responsibility for any financial product advice provided. The FPA is not responsible in any way for any injury, loss or damage which occurs as a result of an opinion expressed or information provided by the expert or as a result of the use of this website.
A de-identified (name, location and other identifying information changed) version of this answer may appear on our website as a form of information and education for other consumers. The FPA reserves the right to edit the information before publishing and will not answer or publish incomplete questions.