FPA Honorary Awards overlay the categories of membership and are awarded to those FPA members who have made outstanding contributions to the FPA, the financial planning profession and to their local community.
FPA DISTINGUISHED SERVICE AWARD
The FPA Distinguished Service Award (DSA) recognises exceptional contribution to the work of the FPA and the common good of the profession through voluntary service to FPA Chapters, committees and taskforces.
- FPA Practitioner members and Affiliates are eligible for this award, providing that the member has not previously received a DSA.
- At least three years’ uninterrupted service on the FPA Board, FPA Committee, Taskforce or Chapter Committee.
FPA FELLOW AWARD
The FPA Fellow award is provided to outstanding financial planning practitioners who have made a selfless contribution to the profession and the community, have demonstrated leadership and command the respect of peers as exemplary role models.
- FPA Practitioner member of at least 10 years’ standing.
- Selfless contribution to the profession (as embodied by the FPA and its members) and the community.
- Minimum 15 years’ full time work in financial planning and/or financial services.
- At least five years in full time financial planning practice.
FPA members may self-nominate for this award.
FPA Life Member Award
Individuals with the vision, drive and leadership required to effect major change are selected to receive the FPA Life Member Award. They will have demonstrated an exceptional contribution to the development and reputation of the financial planning profession and the FPA over an extended period of time (10+ years).
Nominations for this award are only able to be made by current FPA Board Directors.