Since 1992, we have been changing the face of financial planning, from an industry to a profession that earns consumer confidence and trust. We believe that better financial advice will influence the financial wellbeing of all Australians.
Through our members, we stand with Australians for a better financial future.
WE HAVE 5 key roles to play:
- Represent interests of the public: Our members represent best practice financial planning that puts the interest of the client first. We actively champion the need for a clear separation between product sales and advice, because Australians deserve trusted and transparent financial advice.
- Represent interests of members: Our strong ties with government and regulators in financial planning positions us as the collective voice of our members. We maintain strong relationships with all key stakeholders and fight for fair outcomes that advance our profession.
- Foster high professional standards: We create a professional culture of accountability and self-regulation, setting and enforcing professional and ethical standards that result in the highest quality financial advice.
- Facilitate world class education: We are the only Australian body licensed to administer and deliver the CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER® designation, the international gold standard and highest certification available to financial planners worldwide.
- Provide professional development: We support our members with a high calibre program of continued professional development designed to enhance their knowledge and skills, and support them in financial planning excellence.
FPA strategic priorities
FPA’s MAC strategy stands for Members, Advocacy and Consumers. These pillars and the related strategic priorities guide our work from 2020 – 2025:
- Members: FPA to be the professional body of choice for the financial planning profession
- Lead the profession on the financial planning/planner model of the future.
- Uphold the CFP® designation as the number one choice for the profession.
- Expand our education, CPD and specialisation offers for members.
- Advocacy: FPA to be the voice of the profession
- Lead the policy and reform debate for the financial planning profession.
- Implement a policy vision to ensure a growing and sustainable future for financial planning.
- Be the voice and professional body for the financial planning profession.
- Consumers: To showcase the value of financial advice among all Australians, increasing awareness and use of financial planners
- Represent consumers in the development of public policy.
- Increase consumer awareness and use of financial planning.
- Elevate the financial planning profession’s role and contribution to the community.
Download the FPA 2025 MAC Strategic Roadmap
Not yet a member of the FPA? Why not join us?