A big thank you to the record number of members who completed the 2015 Member Satisfaction Survey, up 50% from last year. The results are extremely positive and your feedback will help us improve in areas where we still have work to do.
Here are some of the highlights:
- Satisfaction and advocacy levels have improved across all membership categories.
- The highest levels of satisfaction are in the following areas:
- Updates on regulation
- FPA Professionals Congress
- Raising professional standards
- Member toolkits (such as FoFA, TASA and Life Insurance Advice Guide)
- FPA National Roadshow
- Financial Planning magazine
- Whilst satisfaction has risen, we have room for improvement in:
- Demonstrating the value of membership
- Building consumer trust in financial planning
- Cost of regulation and business efficiency are the top cited biggest business challenges. You also told us that guidance on legislation and our webinar program are most important to your business.
- Overall, 61% of you rate our progress in transforming the financial planning industry as good or very good. This is up from 56% in 2014.
- You rated the FPA highly in the following positive attributes:
- Good communicator
- Good educator
However we need to work on being less complicated
- The return on investment in CFP® certification remains high – new CFP® professionals earn on average $65,000 more than other financial planners. This gap remains over the career lifespan, but reduces over time with accumulated years of experience.
Thanks once again for taking the time to provide your valued feedback, it’s really important to us.