FPA campaign drives Australians to seek quality financial advice
The Financial Planning Association of Australia (FPA) today announced that Australians are becoming increasingly more aware of the value of the CFP® certification in financial planning as a result of its national consumer campaign.
Funded by CFP® professionals, the print, radio, digital and mobile advertising campaign highlighted the CFP® designation as the sign of good advice. Online, the campaign is estimated to have reached 6 million consumers, resulting in 41,000 online clicks.
Dante De Gori CFP®, CEO of the FPA, said he was pleased with the results of the campaign, which was designed to connect more Australians with quality financial advice.
“Our campaign reinforced some of the major ‘trigger points’ for seeking professional financial advice. For example, our campaign on realestate.com.au performed exceptionally well, because consumers were in the mindset of buying a home. At the same time, the campaign also reinforced the importance of reaching Australians on mobile devices. Our newly introduced mobile advertising generated the highest engagement across the campaign.
“The aim of the campaign was to continue building awareness of the CFP® designation as the gold standard in financial planning. This year our campaign drove over 22,800 visits to our ‘Find a Planner’ tool, which helps connect consumers to an FPA member in their local area.
Mr De Gori added that CFP® professionals continued to request copies of the consumer brochure, which explains the significance of their credentials to potential clients.
“The brochure also explains the basics of financial planning and what to look for in a financial planner. Our members tell us that they find these practical tools very useful when meeting potential clients,” he said.
In conclusion Mr De Gori said that the recent consumer campaign is only one part of the FPA’s efforts to raising consumer awareness and connecting more Australians with an FPA member.
“The FPA is passionate about ensuring more Australians see a financial planner. Part of this is helping them to know where to look.” he said.
The CFP® designation is the only financial planning designation recognised worldwide, requiring financial planners to adhere to world class professional and ethical standards. For more information about the CFP® Certification Program, visit www.fpa.com.au/cfp.
- A total of 6 million consumers were reached online
- Advertising generated 41,000 clicks online
- The campaign generated over 22,800 visits to Find a Planner
- 50 print adverts ran in 44 national, metro and regional newspapers
- 1,800 radio adverts ran on 41 national, metro and regional radio stations
- Mobile advertising generated the highest click through rate
- There was print advertising in Money Magazine and Australian Women’s Weekly
- Online advertising ran on News.com.au, AFR.com.au, Yahoo7, Realestate.com.au, Moneymagazine.com.au, LinkedIn, Facebook and Google search
- E-newsletter advertising ran in AFR Money and Business news, Real Living magazine and Homes+