FPEC comprises financial planner practitioners and academics. It sets the standards for accreditation of university courses and provides industry support to academia, including support for academic research.
The FPEC comprises academics and industry professionals. It is chaired by Dr Mark Brimble, Associate Professor (Finance) Griffith University and provides advice to the FPA Board.
FPEC Curriculum Guidelines
FPEC released its Curriculum guidelines in 2012. During 2014-15 all education providers on the FPA’s Approved degree list have been assessed against this list.
- Download the Curriculum and Accreditation Framework
- Download FAQ and guidance for universities seeking accreditation
Academics seeking assistance should ask for Belinda Robinson at the FPA.
FPEC Research Grants for Academics
The FPEC has established an annual grant scheme, sponsored by the FPA. Grants up to $5000 each support the development of financial planning as an academic discipline.
Expressions of Interest for 2015 grants are now closed.
Contact: [email protected]
Past grant recipients are:
- A team led by Dr Adrian Raftery, Deakin University
- Sharon Taylor and Suzanne Wagland, Western Sydney University
- Ms Julie Knutsen, with Assoc. Professor Mark Brimble and Dr Robyn Cameron, Griffith University
- Mr Lujer Santacruz, from the University of Southern Queensland with Assoc. Professor Mark Brimble of Griffith University.
- FPEC Chair: Dr Mark Brimble – Associate Professor (Finance) Griffith University, Director, Centre for Financial Independence and Education, Co-Chair, Financial Planning Academics Forum
- Sharon Taylor – Senior Lecturer, Western Sydney University, Deputy Chair, FPEC – Program Accreditation
- Diana Bugarcic – Head Teacher Accounting & Finance & Course Coordinator – Bachelor of Applied Finance (Financial Planning) – TAFE NSW
- Amelia Constantinidis
- Dr Kingsley Fong – Senior Lecturer and Associate Head of School in Banking and Finance, Australian School of Business, The University of New South Wales
- Martin McIntosh CFP® – Managing Director, Planning Partners
- Chris Morcom CFP®– Director/Private Client Adviser, Hewison Private Wealth
- Marc Olynyk AFP® – Senior Lecturer in Financial Planning and Superannuation, Deakin University
- Dr John Teale
- Rebecca Watt CFP® – NAB Financial Planning
- Howard Cook – FPA Head of Academic Relations
- Dante De Gori CFP® – FPA CEO